Relocating can be a stressful experience. One of the main contributors is deciding whether you should move your furniture or buy new after the move. Many people prefer selling their old furniture and buying new after the move. From our perspective it is worth taking your old furniture as you might not get that much by selling it off. As a bonus you will be able to live in your new space and decide what remodelling you would like to do to create a fresh look and feel. With the help of Master Movers, you will be sure to make the best packing and house moving decisions.
Some factors to consider before making your final move
- Does your old furniture still have value? Have those lumpy old couches sitting in the corner seen better days. Ask yourself if that furniture piece is still functional and durable with good value or if you can sell and buy new without breaking the bank.
- Does your cracked couch still have sentimental value? This may be the most crucial factor in whether to move your old furniture or not. In every home, there is that family treasure that you may not want to part from no matter the expense of moving it.
- Does your old furniture qualify as antique? The fact remains that moving furniture is expensive, especially when it comes to quality. So, it is important to keep in mind what the financial worth of your old pieces are. Maybe ask yourself if it is a collector’s item made with the finest materials that will remain an expensive piece.
- Does your old lump have a high risk of getting damaged? When relocating, there is always an element of risk that your existing furniture could be damaged. If your furniture is delicate and may not survive the relocation, it may be wiser to leave it behind. After all, no one likes a broken piece. No matter what you decide, Master Movers promise a careful move.
- Does it hurt your budget? The cost of moving your old furniture may not be worth it. More often than not, you end up buying new items as your existing furniture may not fit well in your new home. Unfortunately, many moving companies will charge more to move those fragile white elephants. With that being said, make sure what they take is worthwhile and usable in your new space.
When relocating ask yourself if your old furniture is what you want to see in your new home. Contact us today and make your move simple and cost-effective.
Master Movers offers a professional and personalised moving experience. Our expert staff of relocators, movers, and drivers can handle all your moving needs from start to finish. To find out more about what we can do to help with your next move, contact us today