After your relocation, there are lots of things to do. When the moving company finishes loading all your boxes into your new place, you need to unpack. This can take a long time and shouldn’t be rushed but when you finally put everything away, what do you do with the moving boxes?
The average is 60 moving boxes relocation service companies haul for an average family and you need to discard all that cardboard. Here are 8 ideas you can use to get rid of your moving boxes.
- Keep them for the next move
This seems like a practical thing to do if you think there might be another relocation in your near future.
- Sell them back to the moving company
Some moving companies will take gently used boxes. It’s worth asking if they are interested.
- Use them for storage
You can reuse them yourself for storing clothes and seasonal items. Anything you don’t need right now can be stowed away.
- Keep them for play boxes
Kids love to build forts and if you supply them with a few big boxes, they will be entertained for days.
- Give them away to friends and neighbors
You may not be the only one moving in your circle. Check with family and friends to see if they want your boxes for their next move.
- Sell boxes online There are sites like U-Haul Box Exchange and Craigslist where you can sell your moving boxes and people are looking for them. Check to see what’s available in your area.
- Give them to charity Charities get lots of donations and put on various events where they have to move items around. They actually need moving boxes and your donation will certainly be appreciated and well used.
- Recycle the cardboard You can recycle the cardboard curbside or take it to your local depot. It’s much better than boxes ending up in a landfill and you are helping the environment.
Now that you are moved into your new place, your last task is to get rid of your boxes. Master Mover can take them and sell them second hand to clients that can’t afford new boxes. Double-walled moving boxes can be used for multiple moves as they are heavy duty.