Moving pods (Portable On Demand Storage) are one of the fastest ways to move. How does the moving pod work, and how do you decide when to use a moving pod? Here is info from our professional movers.
How Renting A PODS Container Works
When you rent a PODS, you’ll receive the container at your destination. You will have to discuss how long you need PODS, the delivery location, and the container size. Moving companies usually let you decide how many storage pods or moving containers you will require.
You’ll have to book PODS in advance with a mover. We have a moving POD of six for our Johannesburg office. We load and create an inventory of all of your items safely so that they can be offloaded at your home. The container can be picked up and moved to your final destination or storage unit if needed.
Tips for Packing A PODS Container
Once you booked your PODS from a moving company, you’ll need to start packing. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Don’t store fragile items under heavier items. Although this may seem obvious a lot of people forget about their fragile items during the moving stress.
- Store important items or items you’ll need in the front of the container if possible so it will be easier to access.
- You can wrap items in blankets or towels for added protection.
- Don’t pack important documents in a PODS container. These should be kept with you to avoid damage or loss.
- Hire full-service movers to help you to pack if needed. It is better to have professional help than risk damage that can occur if you ask friends and family to help.
Moving Truck vs Pods
PODS are excellent choices if you need to put items in storage but moving trucks are more versatile. Whether you have a near or long-distance move, professional movers can help you expertly pack your items into a moving truck for safe and quick transportation to your new home or office.
A moving truck is also sometimes more affordable. A full-service moving company like Master Movers will provide you with one fee for packing, unloading, and transportation.
If you have items taking up space or that you don’t use often, it is best to pack your items away in a storage unit or use a moving POD. If you need to move items to a new home or office, a professional moving company is a better choice.
If you can’t decide between a moving POD or a moving truck, contact us today and we will help you out!